RADIATION SAFETY BOARD APPROVED COURSE is a 32 hour course.
Consists of 8 hour lectures, 12 hours of lab (Manikins) and 12 hours of x-rays on patients.
In order to successfully pass this course the candidates must complete the following assignments.
- One set of Double Film X-Rays
- Three sets of Digital X-Rays (Third set will be graded)
- Pass a written exam (Minimum Passing Grade 75%)
Patient Selection Criteria:
(Students are responsible for bringing their own patients, the school does not provide patients)
- Patients must be 18 years or older.
- Patients must complete a health and dental history form.
- Patients must agree to and sign the Patient Consent Form for Radiographs by a Student.
- Patients must have three or more teeth in each quadrant, to be an eligible candidate for a full mouth series of x-rays.
- Patients are not eligible for radiographs if they have mental or physical conditions that would be prevent them from sitting for about an hour.
- Patients are expected to be punctual and understanding with students, recognizing that they are learning and are being graded in the process.